Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I think I will blog now.

Hey lap band land.....Big Daddy is back! Not that any of you really care....I'm the non-committal guy with the blog that never gets updated. Sorry...please don't hate.

Glad to see everyone had fun in Chicago. Theresa had a blast but was SO nervous leading up to travel day. I sprung for exit seats both ways on the plane because:

1. I love her.
2. She does better with leg room and nap room.
C. She pees alot.

Just braggin' about my husbandly efforts there....takin' credit of course!

I have been working alot so that I can afford my trophy wife but the work / life balance is outta wack. However, hunting season is now here and so that really is where my mind is these days. I have my crossbow all zeroed and I am prepared to put meat on the table!
October 22nd is the opening day for primitive rifle hunting here in Louisiana. Of course, you don't need to ask...I own a primitive rifle.
Now, to be primitive, the rifle must have ammunition and an action manufactured before 1900. So it's pretty much single shot, break open. It doesn't matter that the rifle is completely camouflage, is manufactured with high grade steel, has a composite stock for accuracy AND...wait for it...wait for it....a high powered scope mounted on top. Doesn't matter. No it doesn't. 1900 people....it's all about hunting ethics and not having an unfair advantage. I do not write the regulations.
I pretty much think about being in the woods 24/7 during this time of year. My fantastic wife is a cajun coon-ass who loves wild game and understands these important man things. She was raised around men and women who all lived this kind of lifestyle. For me, personally....it's heaven on earth. There is no bitching when I leave and excitement when I return. Kinda like being a cro-magnon leaving the cave.....but different.
However, there is pressure to not return empty handed. She can quickly turn into Holly Hunter in Raising Arizona when she wants Nick Cage to steal her a baby:  "Don't you come back here without a toddler!" 
Part of the culture I guess.

All the pictures from Chicago looked great. Y'all are a handsome bunch of women. I was amazed by the total weight loss at over 2 tons. Wow...that is truly amazing and everyone should be so proud of themselves. It's a hard goal met. You can't argue with math.

I will try to blog more....and follow too. Probably after the hunting season if history is any indication.

8 comments:

  1. welcome back stranger!
    good luck with your fancy old school gun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. have fun hunting, but don't forget about us! It's always great to hear from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So if they start with the old school fancy guns when do you get to use the cross-bow? My cousin (a she) is fishing for salmon up here...some real beauties and my other cousin is hunting duck. What are you going to go after? Coon or something bigger? :)

    xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the other side of the story...of one of my favorite people, Theresa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are back! I love you wife so much it is ridiculous, so you get a pass. Enjoy the huntin'!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was so fun to be able to text with you a bit while in Chicago!!! It was almost like I got to play with both of you all over again!!! Good luck huntin'!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So is the season over yet...yabadabadoo??
    Happy anniversary - what was Christmas like with Theresa??
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete