Thursday, March 17, 2011

Papa's got a brand new Blog!

Like my new digs?
Thanks to the amazing Jen I now have a properly adjusted and cool looking blog. I especially like my signature picture which I just noticed this morning. Jen offered her help and I happily obliged....what a great job she did.
Thank you sweet Jen!
Just goes to show you that men cannot do some things that women can. I told her to just take care of it and gave her my password.....BAM! Done in a day. I couldn't have done that in a year. It reminded me of a conversation I had with Theresa when we were redecorating our house after Hurricane Rita....

Me: "I'm really not likin' the colors in this room....they just don't work."
Theresa: "When you get titties and a vagina you can pick out colors....go outside."
Me: "Yes ma'am."

House looks great.....lesson learned. It's all about knowing your limitations.

I was happy to read my wife's blog post yesterday. It really has been an amazing journey so far. She pointed out that she wasn't happy in last years photo so I challenged her and said...."Hey, we've been married 4 years girl....what's up with that?" She explained that the unhappiness was with herself and for the longest time it caused her to question most of the affection and love I had for her. Looking back....that really made sense...pretty enlightening information for me. Theresa can get up in front of a room and do a standup routine but wasn't self confident enough to truly accept things in a normal relationship as they were. Those days are gone. But what if you gained all the weight back now but the relationship didn't change? Would you revert back? Food for thought. Feel free to comment on that one.

I get motivated following the exercise routines and excitement of all of you who have the fitness bug. That is just a great place to be at. I am trying to get there myself. Thanks for the added incentive. Friday, Jen.... my on staff blog designer did a VLOG about her breakthrough with running and endurance. I thought she was going to pee on herself....endorphins are a powerful thing. Keep it up.

I thought that I was King of Plants, but apparently after reading some comments, some ladies are growing the passion flower near the arctic circle or something. I guess maybe I'm just "Court Jester of Plants". I'm glad y'all don't live in my 'hood....it would be ON.
Tina, the Bougainvillea has been selected by mother nature for extinction. That damn bitch of a plant is so fickle....it's the skinny bitch of flowers. What kind of plant STOPS flowering when you take care of it? Mandeville's aren't much better. Poison it! I've lost mine to minor cold snaps 2 years in a row. 

What is the best way to comment on somebody's comment so that they see it? Sorta like a Facebook thread or something? Advice would be appreciated.

The weekend draws nigh my friends.....keep pulling your cart...you will get there!

9 comments:

  1. FIrst of all, HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY! I imagine it's not as big a deal in Louisiana as mardi gras is, but I'm starting to get the idea you people don't need much of a reason to get your drink on down there.

    Jen did an awesome job with your blog. Much more manly.

    If I really want to make sure someone reads my response to a comment, I go over and comment on their latest blog post. Then you know they'll see what you write, even if it isn't pertinent to their actual post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen is my blog designer too. She's the best! It looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The changes to the blog are nice. I really love the signature picture.

    I think I need to call on Jen and get my blog designed.

    Thanks for listening!! Keep loving our beautiful Tessie Rose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm wondering if we are all gonna have to start paying Jen for her blog design services! Your blog looks great and I appreciate the laugh about picking out colors...that is too funny and I will be sharing it with the BF tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1) the vagina and titties thing... priceless.
    2) Blog looks amazing. I emailed Jen yesterday just to tell her what a great job she did, even before I told you - I love the picture at the bottom. I want Jen to teach me how, but truly there's no way I will ever make it as good as her creative brain can do - so I may just have to beg her to help me do it.
    3) Comments-I have all my comments posting to my email account. I have found that I two kinds of comments show up. And I'm guessing a little here at the differences but one I think is where the other person has a gmail account (as that's what I have) and those emails show up as if they are individual emails in my account (as in Drazil has left a comment on XXX) and if I want to comment on one of those comments I can simply hit reply and my comment shows up in their inbox.

    If, however, they don't have a gmail account (and this is where I'm guessing - that's the only thing I can see that's different, but that might not be why) then in my inbox all the comments without gmail accounts get lumped together (the 1st one will look the same as the others - Amanda left you a comment..., but the next non gmail one will just be added - Amanda left you a comment (2)...). If I want to comment on one of those kind of comments it shows up as a comment on their latest blog post. (hey maybe the difference is people who have their comments going to an email address or not???). Anyway - so that's how I comment on comments - or I just go to the blogger's profile and hopefully find their email and go that way.
    4) the self esteem thing... Unfortunately, I think that whatever lessons are learned in this journey to find less of ourselves. However confident we can become in our own worth - in the truth in other's love and affection - if I were to gain it all back, it would be extremely difficulte not to have all those same doubts again, which is because I wouldn't like myself - so how can others like me....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm kind of a newb around here but I just wanted to say that you are hilarious and make me giggle and when I get lap band surgery I will be making my husband come here as a reference tool :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! Titties and vagina comment was hysterical!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sure you could mix that quinoa in with cottage cheese...i just had some cheese straight up tonight though..full fat no less :) yumm :).

    I miss your New Orleans brocade fabric stuff..it had style :) and I prefer your pic at the top front and center....other than that i like the new title and the gray and black.

    back to gardening:

    I have some evergreen clemtatis blooming right now that is unkillable for spring flowers and then my trumpet vine is great in the late summer but I have nothing that gives me mid-summer vine flowers. If you know of anything good let me know.

    Since my house sold though you are going to reign as king again cause I am walking away from my yard into an apartment for the time being. Now IF we find acreage the war is on via pictures :)

    xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you like it! I had to come back and peek at it. I still chuckle every time I see the signature picture.

    ReplyDelete